Armed Security Officer - Philadelphia, PA
|Location:||Philadelphia , PA|
|Salary Range:||Over $22 per hour plus benefits|
|Benefits:||Fringe Benefits Available |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||C&D Security is currently seeking qualified Security Officers to fill immediate openings in the Philadelphia/Montgomery area. These positions are full time and part time opportunities.|
All uniforms, leather wear, vests, and weapons will be issued by C&D Security if accepted for this position.
Armed Guard over $22.50 per hour
Health & Welfare up to $3.90 per hour
Night Shift Differential $.20 per hour
Uniform Allowance $0.15 per hour for first 40 hours
Up to 11 paid holidays per year
Two weeks (10) days vacation after 1 year of service
Up to (64) hours of sick pay per year after 1 year of service for full time officers
Uniforms and weapon provided
Jury duty pay
Union Member Benefits
Overtime work also available
|Duties:||The employee provides armed security officer support to client organizations and performs other duties as required by individual job sites and assignments. |
Employee will maintain a deterrent by remaining visible and presenting a neat and professional appearance in a properly worn uniform and associated equipment. The Employee will maintain confidentiality of client proprietary information and/or government classified information.
Public relations skills will include maintaining courteous, professional relationships.
Since he/she is armed, the employee must possess sufficient hand-eye coordination and training to safely handle, operate, shoot, maintain, and qualify with an assigned weapon, plus assorted associated equipment such as handcuffs, batons, and/or pepper spray. They may also be required protect themselves and others, while withstanding sudden emotional stress and physical exertion in apprehension of suspects and violators.
The Employee will perform other duties that could be classified as “light” work.
Training rates vary and will consist of the following:
• CPR/First Aid
• Baton training
• FPS training
• Mag/X-Ray training
• Handcuff/OC Training
• Firearms training
• Guard Manual Training
|Qualifications:||To be considered, the following criteria must be met: |
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Possess a Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration
• Must meet at least one experience/education levels listed below:
- Have three years security or law enforcement experience in the last five years
- Have three of military or National Guard (active duty or reserve)
- Have successful completion of a state certified Law Enforcement Education and Training or Police Officer's Standard Training course
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Possess a current 235 Weapons Card
• Must pass a company physical
• Must pass a drug screening
• Must pass a credit & background screening
• Must be capable of standing for long periods of time.
• Be willing to work up to a 12 hour shift including weekends, holidays and nights.
• Positive work ethic
Should you be selected for interview please be prepared to provide a copy of the following:
• High School Diploma (must present original document)
• Equivalency (GED) certificate
• Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree
• Copy of your Social Security Card
• Drivers License (Valid)
• Copy of your DD214 (If applicable)
• Act 235 Pistol Card - Applicable for Pennsylvania only
In light of our recruitment efforts, we would like to take this opportunity to reaffirm C&D Security’s position as an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, veteran, and disabled individuals.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.